Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Homework assignment: find a pic of Presque Isle Downs' Grandstand

Google image search should have one. Nada. Er...Bing does a have a better image search algorithm, so perhaps there. No such luck. Hrrmmmm...maybe flickr. Nope.

Why can't I find a pic of their grandstand? Because they don't have one. Ah, the future of racing.

3 comments:

Gene Kershner said...

Visited PID in July 08 (about 2 hrs down Rt 90)...it's a very sterile environment and not very picturesque...then again they do call it Dreary Erie....

Quinella Queen said...

You fell for the trick question on the pop quiz, didn't you? If you'd read those ancient reports from the early, rather ticked-off explorers of Presque Isle Downs (those intrepid Pennsylvanians at Turf Luck and Foolish Pleasure), you'd have saved yourself some search time.

Still, if you're desperate, you'll find a poorly-lit, out-of-focus pic of the patio and apron on Opening Day over at the Turf Luck link. (And I think you'll agree, such a picture is not worthy of posting on flickr!):-)

Seriously, though, there's some discussion of this very topic at View from the Racetrack Grandstand with a blog post entitled "Future of Racing - No Race Tracks?" Scary, maddening, frustrating times we live in, no?

Anonymous said...

I am a very obese lazy not very smart american. I like to go to Presque Isle Downs to sit on a chair all day and press the buttons for the slots. I don't have to think and I win more than I did when i played the horses years ago. Plus if I watch the horses I have to stand up and I dont like standing up.

Slots is way more easier and I can sit down doing it.