In Memoriam
Take most people, they're crazy about cars. They worry if they get a little scratch on them, and they're always talking about how many miles they get to a gallon, and if they get a brand-new car already they start thinking about trading it in for one that's even newer. I don't even like old cars. I mean they don't even interest me. I'd rather have a goddam horse. A horse is at least human, for God's sake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
RIP J.D. Salinger.
thank just buy a horse. you could get one for alot cheaper than a new car-especially a cheap claimer
for more on Salinger and horses ... especially horses, click here http://fmitchell07.wordpress.com/2010/01/29/catcher-on-the-racecourse/
cheers,
frank
Brad!!!! Ran across a business card with this web address - not sure if the phone #'s I have for you are still good. Think about you lots! Hope you're well! Carin
I was talking to a 30-something bookish friend of mine the other day about the death of Salinger and she said she never read The Catcher in the Rye and thought it was quaint that I did.
I am starting to feel old.
What an excellent quote!
Post a Comment