Wednesday, January 06, 2010
Non racing related maintenance post - cold war edition
While delivering his Secret Speech, or more properly The Personality Cult and its Consequences, in 1956 for his campaign of de-Stalinization, Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev was reportedly asked by an unseen audience member why, as an advisor to the dictator, he had never stopped Stalin from committing his atrocities. Khrushchev immediately lashed out, "Who said that?" The room grew quiet. Khrushchev repeated his query to more silence, waited a beat, and then said, "Well, now you understand why."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Well said.
That was for the blog before this one but this one is well said to.
Hi Brad,
I would like to ask you a question; pls e-mail me at steve@wireplayers.com
thx.
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
photo tote
Fascinating blog! Your depiction is attention-grabbing. Thanks for sharing your valued vision.Photo Afghan
wow! It has been a long time since I have heard somebody talk about something with such passion. I didn’t quite understand everything but the passion flows throughout the and it is amazing to see someone be so in depth about something. I can feel it.
Post a Comment