Friday, September 29, 2006

News & Notes

- Movement is back in training and I hope to see her jog tomorrow morning.

- Delta Slam, Movement's 3yo half brother by Grand Slam (out of Delamere, of course) appears to be back in training. He has not been seen since the fall, but was a 145k Barrets purchase and finished second in a maiden special weight last year. I'd like to see this fella go out and impress. He has had 5 works in September, most recently a 5 furlong breeze in 1:00 & 2/5ths at Turfway yesterday.

- Did you see the 2nd at Oak Tree today? The field in this 40k maiden claimer looked weak enough that Movement might have compared favorable with these. I haven't thought of her as a filly that could compete at the big tracks down south, but I think she could have handled this bunch [chart - pdf warning]. The final time for the mile was a pokey 1:39 & 3/5ths, and the place horse was 6 lengths back! And, these were boys! The purse was $22,000, though. Even 20% of that will cover the van ride and a good bit of feed. Readers: Let me know if I'm showing delusions of grandeur. This is the same chump talking that nominated her to the Del Mar Debutante.

No comments: