Saturday, July 15, 2006

Movement Breaks Well From Gate, First Start Pushed Back

Our lovely li'l filly Movement got a little more experience with the gate this past week, and broke out like a shot on Thursday. It appears she just had an off day the week before when she was left.

Given the work schedule Jamey has in mind, she wont be making her debut in Santa Rosa. Jamey hopes to put one more 3 furlong work into her, then two half mile works and a fiver. That makes late August look like a probable start date. Bay Meadows Fair runs through August 23rd, but I bet Jamey will want to wait and run at Golden Gate, which opens August 25th and where she is stabled, so that she wont have to ship. The purses are a touch bigger at Golden Gate, as well. Then, we'll still be at the mercy of the condition book to find a spot for her. I hope she stays healthy and a good race comes up so she can start earning her keep. She is a pricey indulgence.

2 comments:

Alan Mann said...

The waiting can get frustrating, but I know that you know that I know that you know that the patient approach is the way to go.

Michael said...

Time wise, she looks to be working out better than Pletcher's Green Monkey... and you didn't pay $16 million did you?