Movement is entered in a $32,000 maiden claimer (pdf warning) at Fairplex on Friday. The race is the fourth on the card. There were 26 entrants trying to get into the race and we drew the last spot on the also eligible list. Since only 8 can go in a half miler at the bullring, half the field would have to scratch for her to get in. Essentially we've got a snowballs chance in the Inland Empire.
The good news is that the same race was written as a substitute for Saturday. Will they card the same race back the next day? Anywhere else that just wouldn't happen, but it's fairplex and their #1 goal is full fields and this race would be guaranteed a full field. On the other hand, if there's a two turn race that will draw 10, they would probably favor that since ~4 furlong races can handle a max of 8 starters If they don't have a two turn race with 10 to go, though, they very well might do this. I'm hoping.
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
always a bummer when ur unable to draw in. keep an eye on that trainer! he'll use this as an excuse to do 'nothing' with ur horse.
Ooo ... Mr. anonymous is sounding like the voice of doom and gloom. Well, I got very excited when I saw Movement pop up on my horse watch and quickly became discouraged when I noted the SCRATCH on the race form. I'm sure you and your whole team will have something lined up soon, as I shall once again make my plans to watch and win some money. And please be sure to send me an autographed copy of the Winner's Circle photo.
BTW, thank you for defending my honor regarding Mr. Paulick. I didn't think that my sarcastic remark was all that subtle ...
Sue Dear
The word Yutz is never subtle!
John
Yeah, sue, we're looking for a spot for her really soon. We'll proably have to go 6 furlongs, though.
In other news....THIS JUST IN: THE CHRB IS AN EMBARRASSMENT...oh, I s'pose it's not a newsflash if everyone already knows it.
Post a Comment